North American suppliers apply insight and innovation to protect growing populations and infrastructure
Doha, Qatar and Waldwick, N.J. / October 24, 2016 — In the Middle East, as populations and infrastructure grow, public and private stakeholders are looking for new ways to protect people and property. With solutions ranging from large-scale homeland security strategies to risk-specific equipment, products and services, leading suppliers from the United States and Canada will compete for defense and security business at Milipol Qatar in Doha, October 31 through November 2.
The centerpiece of the effort will be the North American Pavilion, organized by Kallman Worldwide, Inc., the show’s official representative to the continent, in coordination with numerous government agencies, including the U.S. departments of Commerce, Defense and State and their Canadian counterparts. The Pavilion will be a primary destination for buyers looking to meet industry leaders, an on-site business hub for North American exhibitors looking to maximize their exposure and impact at the event, and a forum for all to share industry information and insights. Ranging from publicly-traded stalwarts such as General Dynamics (NYSE: GD) Land Systems Canada and Raytheon (NYSE: RTN) to privately held small-and-medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with fewer than 250 employees, Pavilion exhibitors are looking to initiate or strengthen international partnerships that will generate new business and create more jobs back home.
“When North American companies commit to exhibit at Milipol Qatar, we’re saying we believe in the power of this event to attract real business prospects and customers,” said Kallman Worldwide President and CEO, Tom Kallman. “As the dynamics of life in the Middle East inspire new strategies for defense and security, we’re proud to work with the Milipol organizers to help our exhibitors succeed In Qatar, whether as prime contractors or subcontractors in support of regional manufacturers, service partners and their end-user customers.”
Kallman pointed to two companies that exemplify the wide range of solutions presented at the Pavilion:
- Passport Systems (Booth K-030) develops advanced active and passive solutions to rapidly and automatically detect, localize and identify concealed threats and contraband for a broad range of applications, including pedestrian-, vehicle-, and fixed-facility-based approaches. The company was recently presented with the Massachusetts Port Authority (Massport) Security Innovation Award from U.S. Senator Edward Markey, who thanked company CEO, Dr. Robert Ledoux and his team for creating, “a truly remarkable cargo inspection system capable of detecting potentially dangerous material and other contraband. (advair diskus) ”
- Canadian manufacturer Newcon Optik (Booth L-029) has its sights set on new business — literally — with a number of innovative gunsights and accessories including:
- The SEEKER Series of mountable laser rangefinders are versatile, lightweight and MIL-SPEC modules capable of being boresighted to practically any optical system, including spotting scopes, binoculars, and thermal imagers, as well as mounted onto rifles and integrated into complex fire control systems.
- NVS 27M is an exceptionally lightweight and versatile Gen 3 night vision clip-on is rugged, compact and durable.
- LRM 3500M, a MIL-SPEC, pocket-sized laser rangefinder monocular that’s designed to outperform other devices of its class.
“In an increasingly dangerous world, security is a growth market, and competition lurks around every corner,” said Kallman. “From surveillance and weapons to equipment and training, our North American exhibitors are bringing exceptional innovation, ideas and experience to Milipol Qatar.”
ABOUT KALLMAN WORLDWIDE, INC.
Export with purpose. Exhibit with confidence. Kallman Worldwide is an export marketing advocate focused on helping the United States of America and its leading businesses capitalize on international trade shows and events to grow their share of global markets. Our flagship International Pavilion programs cover all the details of creating and presenting a professional business environment to buyers, enabling exhibitors, clients and partners to make the most of their event marketing opportunities, cultivate meaningful global business relationships and account for a measurable return on their export marketing investment.
Since 1963, Kallman has helped more than 10,000 companies, associations and government agencies stand out at nearly 1,000 industry and professional events in 46 countries. The company is a strategic partner of the U.S. Department of Commerce, and a proud recipient of the President’s “E” Award. In 2016, Kallman Worldwide was honored to receive the AmCham Abu Dhabi “Falcon” Award for its organization-wide commitment to building sustainable business relationships between the U.S. and the U.A.E. The company recently joined the Bilateral US-Arab Chamber of Commerce in support of the Chamber’s mission to foster economic growth, educational advancement and mutual respect between the U.S. and the MENA region. For more information visit www.kallman.com
Follow us on Twitter @kallmanEWC
Like us on Facebook @KallmanWorldwide
# # #